Full Menu

APS Registration for Military Families

Enrollment and Registration Process

We know that moving is challenging, especially for military families. Children of active military duty members moving to the school district can be enrolled in the neighborhood school zoned for their residence at any time during the school year.

  1. Use the to determine your designated neighborhood school.*
  2. Then, learn about the registration process, required documents (including proof of 鶹 residency**), health requirements, and how to get assistance.

*Active military families that reside, or will reside, in a military base located in 鶹 can enroll in the following neighborhood schools, and transportation is provided:

  • Fleet Elementary School
  • Jefferson Middle School
  • Washington-Liberty High School

**Provisional enrollment can be granted but does not guarantee school placement until residency is established.

Option Schools/Programs

APS offers option schools/programs as an alternative to attending a designated neighborhood school. Option schools/programs offer specialized instruction. Learn about option schools, and application and lottery process.

Neighborhood Transfers

If a student wishes to attend a school other than the neighborhood school zoned for their residence, they must go through the normal transfer application process.? APS assesses the ability to provide neighborhood transfers for the upcoming school year annually.

Note: Transportation is not provided for schools outside of the neighborhood attendance area in which the student lives.


Children of active military duty members who were in Kindergarten in their previous school may be admitted to 鶹 Public Schools, even if they have not yet met the minimum age requirements. Families should contact the Early Childhood Office for a readiness evaluation and guidance on forms and documents required for admission.

More registration information